Bachelors in Information Technology (BIT) program of Tribhuvan University is designed by closely following the courses practiced in accredited international universities, subject to the condition that the intake students are twelve years of schooling in any stream or equivalent from any recognized board.
In addition to the foundation and core Information Technology courses, Bachelors in Information Technology (BIT) offers several elective courses to meet the undergraduate academic program requirement and to fulfill the demand for the development and implementation of new technology.
Students enrolled in the four-year BIT program of Tribhuvan University are required to take foundation and core courses of Information technology, courses of mathematics, statistics, management, economics, sociology, psychology, research methodology, and technical writing, and some electives courses.
All undergraduate students are required to complete 120 credit hours of Information Technology and allied courses and will have opportunities in the field of software development, information security, database administration, network and system administration, and in all the sectors that develop and/or use Information Technology.
BIT at SNSC
• Internships in different IT companies.
• Preferences for Seminars, Workshops, and Field Visits.
• Preferences for IT-related project works.
• Provides Guest Lectures.
• Technical Research & Presentations.
• Well-equipped computer laboratories and digital laboratories.
• Educational Tours in related places.
• Career counseling for job placement.
• Preparing students for research in recent technologies for future development
• Affiliation with various IT companies for graduate placement programs
Eligibility for Admission
Admission to the BIT program is based on the written entrance test. The examination format is similar to CAT/GRE examinations. The candidate applying for the BIT program must have: Successfully completed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and secured a minimum grade C in each subject. The selection for admission is based on 80% score of the entrance examination and 20% of the aggregate of their intermediate level.